Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chemo Cap - Oh My!

Did I already say that this is very slippery yarn?
And I have to wind it into a ball and trap the ball securely in a yarn bra?

Anyway, Right after we left off last time, I switched to a single circular needle.  This one happens to be an Addi Turbo Lace that I absolutely adore.
I kept at the increases until there are 98 stitches per round (7 x 24).
Knit 2 & 1/4" in stockinette. This is where the first ball of Oh My! yarn ran out and had to attach second.  The weaved in ends make a ridge that I'm not happy with........   The point of this is to make a totally smooth cap.  This would be one of the reasons that I would prefer to buy only huge hanks of yarn instead of little balls that don't finish even a small article with one ball of yarn.
Otherwise, it's turning out awesome and is unbelievably soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment