Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Katniss Mocking-jay Mitts: Version 2.0

This is a remake of the last project to get a smaller mitt, with a smaller logo.  The cast on was reduced to 36 stitches per round.  They're being knit 2 on 1 circular needle, magic loop style.  Started with a long tail cast on and knit 8 rounds in 2k2p ribbing.  Then it was time to start the image knitting, I switched to back-and-forth knitting.  And this time, I'm using stranded method.  I've wound what I think should be enough yellow yarn onto yarn bobbins instead of trying to cope with the big skein.  Trying to attach a photo of what it looks like at the point that I'm almost done with the image. 
My plan is to resume knitting in the round until the mitt measures the right length for the wearer's arm and bind off using a "super stretchy bind off".

No comments:

Post a Comment